Here is a list of problems on average. Aptitude average problems will be useful for students who are preparing for competitive exams like GRE, GMAT. This will also be useful for students who are going to face bank exams and placements. Answers are given at the bottom. The questions and answers are,
APTITUDE QUESTIONS :
1) Calculate The average of 50 natural numbers
2) Assume the distance between New York and Washington DC is 800 km. A person travels between New York and Washington DC at the speed of 90 km / hour & the person return back to New York at the uniform speed at 60 km/ hour. Detect the average high speed of the train during the total journey.
B) 72 km/hr
C) 45 km/hr
D) 91 km/hr
3) The average of 35 results is 18. The average of 1st 17 is 10 and the average of last 17 is 18. Find the 18th result.
4) The average weight of 50 persons in a crowd is 15. If the average of the speaker is also included then the average increases by 2. Find the weight of the speaker.
5) The average age of 10 person in class is increased by 2.5 when a person whose age is 3 replaced by another person. Find the age of the new person.
6) The average age of male members in a family is 26 years. The average age of female members in a family is 35 years. Find the average age of the whole family.
C) Data insufficient
D) None of these
7) A team of fresher should be divided into two teams. There are totally 25 members in which the team A should contain 14 members and the team B should contain 11 members. The average age of Team A is 35 and the average of 25 members is 45. What is the average age of the team B?
8) Maya’s family buys oil for Rs. 8, Rs. 9, Rs. 9.50 per litre for three successive years. What approximately is the average cost per liter of oil if he spends Rs. 5000 each year?
A) Rs. 6
B) Rs. 7.75
C) Rs. 8.78
D) Rs. 9.78
9) The batting average of 50 matches of a particular cricket player is 60 runs. Her top score exceeds her low score by 192 runs. Suppose these 2 matches are excluded, the actual average of the remaining 48 matches is 52 runs. What is the top score of the particular player?
10) The average price of 10 pens is Rs. 12 while the average of 8 pens is Rs. 11.75. Of the remaining 2 pens if the price of one of the pens is 60% more than the price of the other what is the price of each of these two pens?
A) 20 & 26
B) 40 & 46
C) 36 & 40
D) 10 & 16