In this page you can find out the “Aptitude Q&A on Ratios and Proportions“. Answers of these Aptitude questions are given at the bottom of this page. If you want to download this “Ratios and proportions”, please search in our Aptitude free download section.
APTITUDE QUESTIONS :
11) Rs. 850 was divided among three sons Prasath, Baskar, Chadru. If each of them had received Rs 35 less, their shares would have been in the ratio of 2:3:5. What was the amount received by Prasath?
12) Prasath divided Rs. 2500 and gave it to his three kids A, B, C. If their shares are reduced by Rs. 5, Rs. 10 and Rs. 15 respectively the ratio of the remaining will be 3:4:5. Find out A ’s share.
13) 75 kg of alloy A is mixed with 100kg of alloy B. If alloy A has lead and tin in the ratio of 3:5 and alloy B has tin and copper in the ratio of 2:5, then what is the amount of tin in new alloy?
D) None of these
14) The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 1/3:1/4:1/5 and its perimeter is 204 cm. What is the length of the longest triangle?
15) Tin and Zinc are melted together in the ratio of 9:11. What is the weight of melted mixture if 25.5 kg of zinc has been consumed?
16) There are totally three bottles which contains milk and water together. The ratio of the volumes of the three bottles are 2:3:4. The mixture contains milk and water in the ratio of 3:1,4:1, 5:1respectively. If the contents are poured together in another bottle then what is the price of ratio between milk and water in the fourth bottle?
17) Two numbers are respectively 60% and 40% more than a third number. What is the ratio between two numbers?
18) One piece of cloth 21 meters long is to be cut into two pieces, with the lengths of the pieces being in a 2 : 5 ratio. What are the lengths of the pieces?
19) If 12 inches correspond to 30.48 cm, how many number of Centimeters are there in 30[thirty] inches?
20) The sum of three numbers is 98. If the ratio of the first to second is 2 :3 and that of the second to the third is 5 : 8. What is the value of second number?