Students3k provides Aptitude profit and loss questions and answers for competitive exam participants and freshers placement interviews. These profit and loss aptitude questions can be used in GRE, CAT preparations. Hope it’ll be useful to all
PROFIT & LOSS Q&A’s
1. Price of 3 Tennis balls = Price of 2 pairs of cricket leg pads
Price of 3 pairs of cricket leg pads = Price of 2 pairs of cricket glouses
Price of 3 pairs of cricket glouses= Price of 2 Tennis bat
If a Tennis bat Prices Rs.54, what is the price of a Tennis ball?
(a) Rs.10 (b) Rs.12 (c) Rs.20 (d) Rs.16
2. If by selling few Kg’s of an apples for RS.100, a man earned Rs.15 then his profits percentage is?
(a) 7% (b) 11(2/7)% (c) 17(11/17)% (d) 21%
3. A retailer sold the machine for Rs.2564.36. Approximately what was his profit percentage if the cost of the machine was?
(a) Rs.2400 (b) Rs.1200 (c) Rs.3000 (d) Rs.4200
4. When a stock is sold for Rs.34.80 there is a loss of 25% what is the cost of the actual stock?
(a) 2 (b) 7 (c) 6.5 (d) 11.4
5. A girl sold her pendrive for Rs.247.50, thereby profit is 12(1/2)%. The price of the pendrive was?
(a) Rs.120 (b) Rs.180 (c) Rs.220 (d) Rs.260
6. A shopkeeper buys a iPod for Rs.225. His overhead expenses are Rs.15 he sells the iPod for Rs.300. Then the profit percentage of the shopkeeper is?
(a) 5 (b) 10 (c) 20 (d) 25
7. A retailer bought a pendrive for Rs.319.60. Approximately at what cost should she sell the pendrive to make 25% profit?
(a)Rs.1000 (b)Rs.400 (c)Rs.200 (d)Rs.150
8. Suppose the selling price of a bike is 4/3 times of it’s cost, the profit percentage is?
(a) 13(1/3)% (b) 23(2/3)% (c) 33(1/3)% (d) 43(2/3)%
9. If the selling price of a pen for Rs.19.50, a dealer makes a profit of 30%. By how much should she maximize her selling price so as to gain a profit of 40% ?
(a) Rs.1 (b) Rs.1.50 (c) Rs.2 (d) Rs.3.50
10. Karan buys Oranges at the cost of 3kg for Rs.21 and sells them at 5kg for Rs.50. To earn Rs.102 as profit, how many kg’s he must sell? (a) 34kg (b) 30.6kg (c) 22kg (d) 16.7kg
11. If pen-drives bought at prices ranging from Rs.200 to Rs.350 are sold at prices ranging from Rs.300 to Rs.425, what is the maximum possible profit that might be made in selling 8 pendrives?
(a) Rs.1000 (b) Rs.1270 (c) Rs.1670 (d) Rs.1800
12. The cost of 20 apples is the same as selling price of 15 apples. Then the profit percentage in the purchase is?
(a) 13(1/3)% (b) 22(2/3)% (c) 33(1/3)% (d) 44(2/3)%
13. A girl sells 320 oranges at the cost price of 400 oranges. Her profit percentage is?
(a) 15% (b) 25% (c) 35% (d) None of these
14. A retailer sold 250 cars and had a profit equal to selling price of 50 cars. Their profit percentage is?
(a) 25% (b) 15% (c) 5% (d) None of these
15. If the selling price of a ball for Rs.15, a dealer loses (1/60) of what it costs them. The cost of the ball is?
(a) Rs.18 (b) Rs.14.50 (c) Rs.20 (d) Rs.16
PROFIT & LOSS – ANSWERS: